Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our new adventure

Dear Family and Friends,
Blake and I have officially started a new adventure in our lives. Blake has enlisted in the Air Force and will be going to basic sometime in September or October. We are so excited about this new adventure in our lives. He will be joining full time for 6 years. Blake will be at basic (Lackland Air Force Base, Texas) for 8 1/2 weeks. After that he will be heading to his job training. We haven't found out what he will be doing or how long his training will be. If his training is more than 20 weeks, I will be able to go and live on the base where he is training. That is sooo exciting to me! I hope he has a long career training. :)
Blake just did his ASVAB test yesterday and did awesome on it! He got a 70 overall score, but his breakdown was even more amazing. His Mechanics score was 92, his Administrative was 67, His Generals was 74 and his Electronics was 82. Those are GREAT scores! That means that there isn't one job in the whole Air Force that Blake wouldn't qualify for. I was worried about his eyesite, but we went to the eye doctor yesterday and he has fairly good eyes. I think they said his eyes were 20/40, which is good enough to join :).
I will let everyone know when we get his job assignment.
A ton of people have asked me how I feel about this. I am so excited. We have prayed very hard about this and we know it is the right thing for him. I am nervous about the seperation but I know it will be such a great thing for our marriage. I am so proud of Blake and his decision to serve his country.
Love you all!
Meichelle

0 sweet thoughts: