Thursday, June 10, 2010

Who I am

I am a mother, wife, daughter, aunt, cousin, friend and sister. 
I am tall, bony, gangly, and quite awkward. I am a little soft around the middle. I can't stand up straight.
I am not a good housekeeper. In fact, lets face it. I suck. I struggle to keep the basic of things done. Sweeping, laundry, dishes and vacuuming cause great anxiety in me. 
I am very messy and unorganized.
I am indecisive and scatterbrained.  
I am horrible at finances and  can't balance a checkbook.
I don't wear makeup often and my hair is rarely done.
I don't bathe my children daily and sometimes they stay in their pajamas all day. 
I wish I was better at so many things. I wish I was a clean freak. I wish I was a good photographer. I wish I could organize.
I wish I was a better mother, wife, daughter, aunt, cousin, friend and sister.
I am not an early riser. I stay up way too late at night.
I am usually running late. I don't exercise and couldn't run a mile. 
I spend way too much time on the computer and  eat horribly.
I jump to conclusions and try too hard to be liked.
I am sporadic and hard headed. I am emotional and stubborn.
I cannot sing.
I am short tempered and get my feelings hurt often.
I am ME.
I am a crafter, creator and artist. I am creative and friendly.
I am a nice person. I love doing service and being kind.
I always give money and food to strangers on the corner. Whether or not they are really homeless doesn't matter to me.
I am compassionate about people and have empathy for everyone. I can feel what people are feeling and hurt for them too. 
I am a coupon-er and save my family lots of money. 
I am a good friend.
I am generally a happy person.
I can speak in public and am not shy.I am a leader.
I am ME. 
And you know what? I love being me. I love the person in these shoes. (Flip flops to be exact).
Sometimes though, like most people, I forget. I fall into silly jealousy and hurt. Gossip and pettiness. 
I have to take a step back and remember that Heavenly Father gave us each gifts. Each of us were given different talents and personalities. Why yearn for someone else's?
Why look at others gifts and talents through the veil of jealousy? It is a vicious tool that Satan uses.  It takes away from not only that person's talents, but yours as well.
I love my Heavenly Fathers plan for us. I love that we are all different.
 I love me. And I know Heavenly Father loves me.
That is all that matters. 

"Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are, and that is who you have always been. Understanding that truth can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way." – Sheri Dew

2 sweet thoughts:

Joy said...

yea alot of that sounds like you are describing me:)

The Kilpatrick Klan said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE YOU! Everything you said makes you the wonderful friend you are! You are one of the most wonderful, caring people I am honored to call FRIEND!!!!!