Monday, August 30, 2010

The Hunger Games- book review


REVIEW:
Book: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Series?: Yes
Genere: Young Adult/Science Fiction
Would I recommend?: Yes!!

I loved this book. I have read it twice, and even the second time, it was an intense and great read.  
This series is set in the ruins of North America, in what is known as the nation of Panem. Panem consists of a powerful and shining Capitol surrounded by twelve districts. After an uprising, the Capitol cruelly keeps the districts in line by forcing them each to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen, to participate in the annual Hunger Games. The Games are a fight to the death, broadcasted on live TV. The Capitol forces all citizens to watch and celebrate these children gladiators, including the families and loved ones of the participants. 
Only one can survive. 
  This fast paced book is a must read for everyone!
The Hunger Games is followed by another heart racing book, Catching Fire, and the final book in the series, MockingJay.

2 sweet thoughts:

Joy said...

hey off topic but couldn't find your email. Do you do the Pinecone surveys? they sent me an email they are accepting people. U get $3 per survey and sometimes they send you samples of super secret stuff:) if u r cool if not email me and I will give you the link, nope I am not making anything off of it they just sent me the email since I have been a member for a while

wyattabbymom @ gmail dot com

PS hope you guys are having a good time

M.O.T.B said...

Hey girl come enter my giveaway, I am going to try to read these books!