Sunday, October 31, 2010

CV-22 Ride

I was very lucky to get the chance to fly on a military aircraft this week. I was even more lucky to get to fly on an aircraft that doubles as a helicopter! The CV-22 Osprey is a tiltrotor aircraft that combines the vertical takeoff, hover and vertical landing qualities of a helicopter with the long-range, fuel efficiency and speed characteristics of a turboprop aircraft. So basically it can take off and hover like a helicopter, but can fly further and go faster than a helicopter, like a plane. 
And, to top it off, I got to experience it with my best friend, Christina.
The only thing that was missing was our hubbies, but hey! They gets to do cool things without us sometimes!
 {Getting ready to fly!}
{On the Osprey}


(Me, on the edge of the ramp, looking at the city of Portales)
{Having the time of my life!}
This was seriously one of the coolest things I have ever done!

2 sweet thoughts:

Joy said...

hey that is pretty awesome!

and this is totally random and off topic but do you watch One Life to Live? you and Hannah on there could be sisters I swear every time I see her I think of you (for the looks not the crazies cause she is crazy)

If you don't; watch it tomorrow and tell me what you think:)

The Kilpatrick Klan said...

That looks scary and fun all at once! Glad you had fun!